An awesome discovery and a question...

proudmama13
on 12/23/11 11:10 pm - Bristol, PA
Happy Holidays to everyone first of all!!!!  Now on to the amazing discovery... I was sitting in my recliner chair and I looked down and...my lady lumps stick out further than my belly!!!  I cannot remember the last time that was true. So very excited.  

Now on to my question... Let me preface by saying that I have not yet called my dr. because they don't have an answering service.  They tell you to go to the nearest hospital, and the pain is not great enough for an ER visit on Christmas Eve.  So having said that, I am 11 days post-op and drove for the first time yesterday to go to a meeting.  As I was sitting there I got increasingly more uncomfortable in my right side and the feeling has persisted today.  It's in the spot where you would get a side stitch from running but it feels more like it's bruised in there.  I'm assuming that it is from driving for the first time  and the fact that my body is still adjusting to having major surgery (The nurse practitioner cleared me to drive on Tuesday.)  but just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this kind of discomfort.  If it gets worse, I will definitely go to the ER, but right now it's more annoying than anything else.  So any insight is appreciated...

Enjoy the weekend!!!
Selena 

bvohl
on 12/24/11 12:03 am
Selena,

GREAT discovery for you!!

As far as the pain goes, being that it is the BIGGEST holiday weekend of the year, I would say take tylenol, rest and walk in between. It could still be gas pain and pressure from the surgery. Don't overdo!! You are less than two weeks out! At that point I was still feeling some pain and discomfort from the surgery.

If you still have pain or if it gets worse GO to the ER!!!

Take it easy!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

proudmama13
on 12/24/11 1:03 am - Bristol, PA
Thanks so much, Beth!  Yes, I am letting my hubby take care of the little one today and I am playing Queen for the day:).  I will definitely make an ER trip if it gets any worse.  Thanks you so much for replying!

Talmani
on 12/24/11 1:27 am, edited 12/24/11 1:28 am - Phoenixville, PA
Selena - I have used thier answering service one the weekend before - I had one of the PAs call me back. Hope you feel better!
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
proudmama13
on 12/24/11 1:46 am - Bristol, PA
Excellent!  I didn't know you could have a PA call you back...good to know in case the pain doesn't go away...You are the greatest! Thank you:)

Talmani
on 12/24/11 6:12 am - Phoenixville, PA
I hope that you are feeling better and that you enjoy your Christmas. Let me know if there is anything I can do!
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
Jackie Fisher
on 12/25/11 9:52 am - PA
Hey Girl!!

Not that I recommend in anyway not letting your DR know in the event you are extremely troubled by what is bothering you, but I still get a feeling like this at almost 2 months out. I get it most times when I stand up after sitting at my desk for too long. It is exactly how you described it.. as a pain you would get from running. I get mine mostly on the left side.
     I went for my 6 week checkup on Friday and asked my surgeon about this pain (plus I googled for hours) and it appears to be musculoskeletal (sp?). Apparently it is because your muscles inside are still healing and everything has to get back to where it needs to be and reattached and healed. That made me feel a lot better!! However, like I stated before, please don't in any way let that stop you from checking with your doc if you need to. Just wanted to share my experience!!

Merry Christmas and I hope you are doing well otherwise!

Jackie
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

jdruski
on 12/25/11 10:50 am, edited 12/24/11 10:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Holidays to you all

Selena, congratulations on your body discovery. This will be the first of many that you will discover in your journey. The lengthening of your neck is the best one.

I am almost 6 years out and I remember having all kinds of stiches and pains. Don't ignore anything that is persistant. When I was 6 months out I had a combination of grapes, grape tomatoes and cuecumber with my lunch. I still don't know if it was that combo but I got tremendous pains in my stomach. I couldn't sit, stand walk, throw up nothing. I was trying to force my self to throw up but it didn't help. Finally I forced myself to lay down and the next morning it was gone. I have had that happen a few times, not as severe . We are altered (lol)
food, drinks etc are hitting us in a different way. In my case I say it's my tool telling me wise up and live right.

If it continues head over to er or contact your MD. But you will see there are times when our bodies just act differently.

Hope you can enjoy your holiday.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views